Chickpea, Pepper and Goats Cheese Salad
Ok, I know this might be a bit of a shock but sometimes I do cook savoury dishes too! A girl can’t live on desserts alone can she…….well I’ve given it a dam good try but I do have other people to cook for too so I can’t be too selfish!
- 1 tin of cooked chickpeas
- 4 red peppers/capsicum
- soft goats cheese
- small bunch of Italian parsley (large leaf)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 4 tblsp virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Grill, BBQ or bake peppers until the skins are blackened on the outside (this can be done a few days in advance).
- Put cooked hot peppers in a plastic bag or in a pot with a tight lid until cooled, this will help soften the peppers further and loosens the skin.
- Once peppers are cold remove skins, seeds and slice peppers into thin strips.
- Finely chop/slice parsley.
- Whisk oil, parsley, lemon juice & zest in a large bowl to make dressing.
- Add chickpeas & sliced peppers to salad dressing and combine. If you can leave the salad in the fridge for an hour or two before serving it will help to infuse the flavours more.
- Depending of what goats cheese you are using, crumble, spoon or dice cheese into salad before serving. I used soft cheese and therefore used to spoons to make ‘olive’ shapes of cheese. Goats feta also works well in this salad.
This salad goes well with Moroccan spice lamb or beef whether done on the BBQ, in a Tagine or in the oven. I might even post my recipe for Moroccan spiced lamb done on the BBQ, if anyone is interested let me know otherwise there are plenty recipes out there to compliment this dish?