Green Bean & Asparagus Salad
- large handful of French beans
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 200g broad beans without shell (fresh or frozen)
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Handful of fresh parsley and basil finely chopped
- 1 tsp zest of orange
- salt & pepper to season
- shaved parmesan to finish
- Trim end off asparagus and discard.
- Slice rest of asparagus into four and simmer in boiling water for a few minutes only. Do not over cook, you want the asparagus to still be ‘crunchy’. Once cooked dip asparagus into cold water immediately, this stops the veg from cooking further and helps retain its colour.
- Repeat step 2 for the French beans and broad beans. French beans will take a minute longer than the asparagus and broad beans need to be simmered for 3-4 minutes (whether fresh or frozen). Test each veg before putting them in cool water.
- Drain asparagus, French beans & broad beans and place into a large bowl.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, orange zest, mustard, parsley & basil and season with salt & pepper. Pour onto bean mixture and mix together.
- Leave salad in fridge until ready to serve and then arrange onto a platter.
- Garnish with fresh shaved/grated parmesan.
- Serve with smoked salmon or fresh grilled/BBQ fish