Lavender Strawberry Shortcake
This recipe uses the lavender shortbread from last weekends post to create a quick but creative dessert, that’s if you have any left of course!
To make the shortbread, see lavender shortbread recipe below.
Ingredients – makes 6-8
- lavender shortbread biscuits
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 150 ml mascapone
- 1 punnet/chip of strawberries
- Place mascapone & cream in a bowl.
- Whisk until thickened.
- Hull and slice or quarter strawberries.
- Place tablespoon of thickened cream mixture in the centre of one shortbread.
- Arrange as many strawberry pieces on top of cream mixture as you wish (or can manage!)
- Place another shortbread biscuit on top.
- Dust with icing sugar and garnish with lavender
I have not added sugar to the cream and mascapone mix as I find it sweet enough but if you would like it sweeter add a few teaspoons of sugar to the mix before you whip it.