Strawberry Yoghurt Ice Cream
I love my ice cream maker, the funny thing is I was never mad on ice cream before I was gifted the maker but I love the whole process of making it and I have become addicted to the yoghurt ice cream. It’s so simple to make and I love the subtle tanginess the Greek yoghurt gives the ice cream.
As you know I have been busy making lots of strawberry desserts since the supply is increasing as the weather warms up and P being in the trade can offer me a constant source. I have jam and ice cream coming out of my ears! I have also promised him some new recipes for their industry blog to help promote the strawberries so bear with me if over the next few months I keep repeatedly keep offering strawberry recipes, I have so many in my head I want to try.
- 200g strawberries
- 20g sugar
- 400ml Greek yoghurt
- Blend the strawberries & sugar together and put into a pan. Keep 2 large strawberries aside.
- Bring strawberries to the boil and then turn the heat off, stir to ensure the sugar has dissolved.
- Chill strawberry mix in fridge until completely cold.
- Finely dice the two left over strawberries.
- Mix together the yoghurt, strawberry sauce and finely diced strawberries and transfer into the ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers instructions.