Cauliflower Salad with Caperberries
This is my favourite salad that P makes, in fact I always say to him in a Northern Twang, “ooh luv make your lovely cauliflower salad for dinner”, when in fact it is on loan from Jamie Oliver. P is a huge fan of Jamie Oliver and has several of his books and as winter approaches he gets quite excited because Jamie’s certainly caters for hearty winter meals. This is when P does most of the cooking at home, one because he loves the wintery food style and two because it is the quiet season for his business and he has the time. So I suppose this is really Ps first post on my Blog, I only took the photo!
This turns cauliflower into a lovely fresh European tasting salad, adding lemons, capers, anchovies, garlic and herbs. It goes really well with fish or chicken and the leftovers I have enjoyed many a time for my lunch.
We are off to Rarotonga tomorrow for a weeks holiday, I think I have pre-set some posts to come out while I am away but I have never done that before so fingers crossed. I’ll catch up with you all when I get home and hopefully have some new recipes to share from The Islands.
- 1 Cauliflower divided into florets
- 2 tsp capers
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 60ml olive oil
- Steam cauliflower for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix all the other ingredients together to make the dressing and season to taste with black pepper & salt.
- Place the cooked cauliflower onto a serving platter and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve immediately.