Last weekend I had a girlfriend visiting from New Plymouth, we were rekindling our days when we used to flat together in London so that entailed retail therapy, lots of yummy food and and a few drinkies.We thought it would be rude not to create a cocktail to celebrate the event, the result of which was the feijoa cocktail since they are in season at the moment and both of us love feijoas. P wouldn’t touch it, he doesn’t like feijoas, they are certainly a fruit you love or hate. The fabulous aromatic feijoa flavour was really captured in the drink.
Ingredients – makes 4
- 6 feijoas (scooped out flesh only)
- two hand-fulls of ice cubes
- 9 parts Bacardi White Rum
- 3 parts Rose’s Lime Cordial
- Put all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth
- Serve in a cocktail glass