Medjool Dates stuffed with Orange Blossom Mascapone & Almonds
This week has been rather hectic, we are off down to the slopes tomorrow for a spot of snowboarding so when a friend asked us over for casual dinner I knew I wouldn’t have time to make anything let alone have much in the pantry to throw something together. Not that they expected us to bring anything, the idea was so we didn’t have to cook before heading away for a few days but I hate going empty handed.
I stopped into our local veggie store on the way home and found some beautiful plump Medjool dates and I just knew I could muster up something quick with them particularly after eating something similar in a Tapas bar a few years ago.
This is such a quick sweet treat to put together, if you don’t have orange blossom you could always use orange zest. They would be lovely served as a dessert Tapas or as part of a dessert platter
- 12 Medjool Dates (or any large soft dates)
- 100g Mascapone
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Handful slivered almonds
- Slit date on one side and remove stone.
- Blend together the icing sugar, orange blossom water and mascarpone.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into the centre of each date.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds