- 200g SR flour
- 3 free range eggs
- 200g butter
- 200g white sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 100ml passion fruit curd
- 100g mascapone
- 1 cup of thread coconut
Passion Fruit & Coconut Cake
The good thing about left over ingredients is that you end up making something you have never tried before. I thought I would bake a cake to take with us down to the mountain to feed the troops after a day snowboarding, nothing like some sweet carbs for a quick energy fix! I had some mascapone left over from the stuffed date recipe on the previous post and half a jar of passion fruit curd in the fridge so this was the beginnings of the cake, the rest was easy, I used my ever faithful victoria sandwich cake recipe. You could always use lemon curd if you can’t get passion fruit.
- To make the sponge, preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Grease & flour an 22-24cm cake tin.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after adding each egg.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and fold in with a metal spoon.
- Add the milk and combine to make a smooth cake mixture.
- Spread the mixture into the cake tin, making sure it’s evenly spread.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the tin for about 5 minutes and then invert it onto a wire rack to cool.
- Mix together the mascapone & passion fruit curd and spread over cool cake top.
- Sprinkle coconut over the topping and serve!