Almond & Orange Blossom Cookies
I’ve had a craving all week for biscuits with my cuppa, maybe it is the miserable weather we have been having in Auckland the last few weeks that is driving the desire for the comfort of tea and bikkies. Tea and bicuits always remind me of the winter days back home, coming in from the cold huddled by the fire with a hot cuppa and a biscuit to dunk into your tea. It always amuses me how staunch we English are with our tea drinking habits…..I must have one first thing in the morning or the day is not complete and I have to have one before bed otherwise I don’t seem to sleep. I have even converted P over the years to part take in this evening ritual and he now beats me to put the kettle on for the evening brew.
Ingredients – make 30
- 300g butter
- 3 tbsp castor sugar
- 150g slivered almonds
- 2.5 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat together until light and creamy.
- Add almonds and orange blossom water and cream together until combined.
- Fold flour through mixture, then bring together with hands into a dough.
- Roll spoonfuls of mixture into balls, place on a non stick baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and then cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar once cooled