I had been meaning to post this along with the mango ice cream I made several weeks ago but I seem to cook and bake more than I can physically write and blog about these days. But I’m sure you will all agree, cooking & eating is far more rewarding than writing about it, although blogging is fun and you meet so many people out there! I have so many recipes and dishes I have photographed just waiting for me to sit down and write about them but there never seems to be enough hours in the day to get it all done.
I have also been a little pre occupied with a wedding cake project, which is due next week as well as preparing for cooking classes I am going to hold this weekend. I keep telling P I need to change down to a four day week with my employment so I can have more time for these things but he isn’t convinced, I’ll keep working on him.
I will post the wedding cake next week after the wedding and I will tell you all about my first cooking class too. Wish me look, it’s a long time since I have held a class.
Ingredients – Mango Ice Cream
- 400ml low fat Greek yoghurt (or regular of course!)
- 1 mango, blended to a pulp
- Mix together the mango and yoghurt.
- Add to ice making machine and prepare as per manufacturers instructions.
- Remove from machine. How easy is that? Oh how I love my ice cream maker!
Recipe for cinnamon biscuits here
Assembly of sandwiches
- Once the ice cream is finished in the maker, turn it out into a tray to set further. You want the ice cream in the tray to be about 2 cm thick.
- Use the same biscuit cookie cutter to cut out the ice cream shapes, sandwich a biscuit on either side of the ice cream.
- Serve immediately or you can refreeze them, although the biscuits will go a little soft once they have been in the freezer.